Shipping & Returns
At Matilda Australia, we ship our orders using Australia Post, Bonds Couriers, and Startrack Express domestically, and Australia Post, TNT and DHL internationally. We ship to both residential addresses and PO boxes. Our courier services provide tracking for you package until delivery. We will email you your tracking number with your order confirmation once your order is dispatched.
- FREE Shipping (3-7 business days)
For more details on Shipping in France and the EU, please go to our EU store here.
- FREE Shipping for orders over $250.00 (5-7 business days)
- Standard Shipping for other orders: $18.00 (5-7 business days)
Rest of the World
- Standard Shipping: $30.00 (7-10 business days)
All shipping costs are in Australian dollars.
If the item you have purchased is unavailable in our domestic store, we will ship it to you from our international store at no extra cost to you, tax and duties included. We will send you the international tracking details of your shipment with your order confirmation. If you want to return your item you can return it to our domestic HQ.
If we are shipping to a destination outside of Australia or the EU, there may be taxes or duties payable in the destination country. Any such taxes or duties will be the sole responsibility of the customer and you should make your own enquiries in this regard. Matilda Australia does not accept any responsibility for any charges, duties, taxes or any delays that may arise as a result of same. Any dealings with customs in the country of destination is the responsibility of the customer.
General Terms and Conditions
Orders placed on weekdays will be processed within 1-2 business days.
Orders placed on a weekend day or public holiday, or after business hours, will start being processed on the following business day. Our boutique is unable to dispatch parcels over the weekend or on public holidays.
Orders are subject to availability. Orders will be delivered between Monday - Friday. Please note deliveries are not made on weekends.
Any delivery/collection date or time specified by us is a best estimate only and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery/collection.
Any parcels returned to sender will be re-shipped at the cost of the customer, and we will not be held responsible for parcels that are redirected to a local post office for collection. Please ensure your delivery address is accurate, as we cannot be held responsible for a delayed parcel due to incorrect entry of details.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Return Authorisation Number (RAN). Please let us know your full name, order number, item(s) and reason for return. If you would like an exchange please provide your preferred style/size/colour. If eligible for a return, we will email you with a RAN and confirm whether a refund, exchange or credit note will be issued.
Please note the following requirements for returns (subject to the Australian Consumer Law):
- Requests for returns must be made by emailing email@example.com within 7 days of the date of order.
- Returned item(s) must be received by Matilda Australia within 14 days of the date of order.
- Item(s) must be in the original condition (unworn, unmarked, undamaged) with any original tags still attached.
- A return authorisation number (RAN) is required.
- Full priced items that have not been worn, in the original condition with the original tags still attached may be exchanged (once) for a different available size or style.
- Sale items and discounted items other than clearance items (including items purchased using a discount code other than the member discount) cannot be returned for a refund although you may exchange the sale item for any other available item up to the equal amount of the final sale price.
- Items may only be exchanged once. The replacement item sent by way of exchange is not returnable.
- Where items are returned that were purchased using a credit note (including a credit note issued by way of a Gift Card), the same conditions above apply.
- Items marked online as "Clearance" are sold by way of final sale and cannot be exchanged or returned.
- In the case of faulty items - Where the items fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure, Matilda Australia is entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or other suitable remedy. Exchange of items is subject to availability. Matilda Australia classifies items to be faulty (i.e. not acceptable quality) if they are received damaged, or where a manufacturing fault occurs within 6 months of purchase. Items that are damaged as a result of wear are not considered to be faulty.
- Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. You are responsible for posting your return goods. We recommend using a prepaid service that offers tracking. This ensures safe receipt of goods and prevents missing items.
If you'd like more information please visit our Terms and Conditions page.
If you ever have any questions or concerns about products, shipping or returns please contact us through our online enquiry form or you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all emails as quickly as possible, but please allow up to 24 hours. Emails sent on a weekend or public holiday will usually be responded to on the next business day.